Visualise Real-Time Analytics to see the real-time state of an audience and identify users who are online at that moment and interact with them. The data is based on a timeframe of the users who have Tweeted in the previous five minutes and the panels update every sixty seconds.
1. Select Real-Time Analytics from the analytics drop-down menu on the top menu bar.
2. The Real-Time Analytics dashboard opens.
The dashboard has various panels:
- Audience selector
- Right now
- Active users
- Active users per second
- Top languages
- Top apps and clients
Select the audience you want to see real-time data about and click apply to submit the change. You can monitor:
- Your timeline – The default option.
- One of your lists – Select the list from the drop-down menu.
- A public list – Use the format: username/listname.
- A search query – E.g. a hashtag/keyword.
This panel shows:
- Active users – The number of users who have Tweeted in the last five minutes.
- Total followers – The sum of the followers of the active users.
This panel lists the avatars of the active users. Click an avatar to open the user details sidebar of that user where you can carry out many typical community actions.
Active users per second – A line graph showing how the number of active users changes minute by minute.
Top languages – A pie chart showing the languages the active users are using.
Top apps and clients – A bar chart showing how the active users are accessing Twitter, e.g. using Twitter itself or a third-party client, such as TweetDeck.