Mention Helper allows you to add multiple users to a Tweet with a single click and so improves your time management.
We strongly recommend that you read engagement – anti-spam best practices to ensure you use this tool safely and in the manner it is intended to be used.
1. Select Mention Helper from the engagement drop-down menu on the top menu bar.
2. Mention Helper opens in a pop-up window and stays open until you click send or close. You can navigate between different screens within Audiense and add users to mention. Click the nine dot array in the top right to drag the window to different screen positions.
3. Write the Tweet you want to send in the template input box. You can’t add users to the Mention Helper until you have done this.
4. There are two drop-down menus:
- Mentions per Tweet – Select the number of users to mention in each Tweet (range = one to ten users, or as many as possible). Users are added to the Tweet until no more can be added, by either exceeding the Tweet character limit or the mentions per Tweet limit, at which point another Tweet will be created. If the number of users to mention requires a large number of Tweets, Audiense sends them sequentially, one to three seconds apart.
- Insert mentions – You can change the position dynamically as you add users. There are two options:
- Before the text – The Tweet is posted as a reply. Only those followers who are followers of your account and the first account mentioned in the Tweet will see the Tweet.
- After the text – The Tweet is posted as a mention and all your followers will see the Tweet.
5. Add users to Mention Helper.
As you add users the Tweets appear in the Tweets section. Click close at any point to close Mention Helper. Click remove to remove an individual Tweet and its associated users or click remove all to remove all the Tweets and their associated users. The template text is not removed.
Who to add?
Use the different widgets available on the dashboard, e.g. the I Influence widget; click the central number and go to the community wall to see those users who have interacted with your Tweets, or select the New Followers widget to use Mention Helper to welcome them. Use the calendar to increase the time period and the search/filter sidebar to further refine the users.
On the community wall mouseover each user card and click those users you want to add.
You can use the Tweet Analytics tool to find users who have recently interacted with your content on Twitter. Click the @username to add the users to Mention Helper.
6. Click send when you have finished adding all the users you want to mention.