Convert Emails into Profiles by importing your email contacts into Audiense and then automatically pairing these addresses with their corresponding Twitter usernames.
Email integration is very useful if you have a lot of email contacts but don’t necessarily have these contacts in your Twitter community. It’s ideal to quickly and easily generate more opportunities from your existing email contacts.
1. Select Convert Emails into Profiles from the target section of the top menu bar.
Remember there are also other ways to add email contacts as a source.
2.The source addition panel opens.
3. Select a source of email contacts from the drop-down menu. There are three possible sources:
- Emails file
- Google Contacts (gmail)
- Emails file (with MD5 hash) – This is a cryptographed file for added security.
If you select emails file, with or without MD5 hash, ensure the file is in plain text format (e.g. .txt, .html, .csv, .xml) and contains only one email address per line. We count the number of addresses not the number of rows of the file so blank lines are ignored. Click upload a file and select the file to upload to Audiense from your computer.
If you choose Google contacts you will need to grant Audiense access to your gmail account. Click sign in with Google to continue then click allow.
Any gmail account is acceptable and does not require the extension @gmail.com. So, if you have a custom email with Google, e.g. @yourcompany.com, this will also work.
4. OPTIONAL. You can choose to receive a daily, weekly or monthly summary email for the source from the drop-down menu.
5. You will see a message showing the number of email addresses to be uploaded and matched. Click OK to add them as a source. You only pay for the emails that Audiense successfully matches with a Twitter account.
6. The new source panel will appear in the Source: Email contacts section of your homepage and while synchronising the new source panel will show that it is collecting data.
Synchronisation may take a while but you can navigate away from the source and continue using Audiense while you wait and optionally you can receive an email notification once it is finished.
When synchronisation has finished the new source panel shows the number of members that Audiense successfully matched with their corresponding Twitter accounts, which logically does not necessarily coincide with the number of users that were initially uploaded.
7. Explore your new source. Click on the top half of the panel to access the source dashboard. Click on the bottom half of the panel to access the community wall to browse the members and carry out typical community management actions and engage with these email contacts through Twitter.
From the community wall click on the username or avatar on the user card to open the user details sidebar. The email contacts tab shows enriched profile information which is only available for users you have added as a source using convert emails into profiles.
Enriched profile info includes some or all of the following:
- Profile info
- Email contact address
- Family name
- Full name
- Websites – Links to websites related to the user.
- Profile photos from, for example, LinkedIn, Twitter, GooglePlus, Pinterest, Foursquare.
- Details of the current and past organisations of the user with start/end dates, current status, title, etc.
- location (city and country), gender, etc.
- Social profiles
- Links to social profiles, e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, GooglePlus, Pinterest, Foursquare, Facebook, Gravatar, Klout, About.me, AngelList, YouTube, LastFM, Delicious.
- Digital footprint
- Topics of interest to the user.
- Scores, e.g. Klout score.
This tool is not available for users with the free Audiense account.
The maximum number of email addresses which can to be uploaded is 200 000.
Once you have used all the email matches available in your plan, you will be charged for each additional match. This is a one-time charge which is not included in your monthly subscription.